Introducing the Kunene off-road caravan. Adaptable, durable, luxurious and modern are only a few key words to describe Echo 4×4’s new caravan. The new Kunene off-road caravan is the ideal home for every outdoor adventure.
Every element of the Kunene Caravan was designed to provide a practical camping experience without compromising on comfort or ambience. The high-tech interior has a variety of practical amenities and accessories, including ample storage space, modern fittings and lighting and an advanced electrical system. The electronics within the Kunene features a DC-DC charger, AC bolt charger, USB ports and a LCD monitor.
The Kunene Caravan is also easy to set up; a pop up roof, awning, etc. only takes a few minutes to set up!
Another impressive aspect of the Kunene Caravan is the amount of interior space that has been provided thanks to its innovative design – and illustrated by the Kunene’s dimensions: 6 015mm (l) x 2 000mm (w) and 2 225mm (h). The Kunene can sleep two to five people comfortably, making it perfect for an outdoor family holiday. The main double bed is a practical island layout with a bedside cabinet, providing maximum space and ease of movement in the caravan, while the front tent comes with extra headroom, large ventilated windows and a comfortable mattress. The large floor walking space in the Kunene comes with high-quality durable, easy to clean floor covering.
There are also many features in the Kunene Caravan that are a first for the industry, such as the patented bedding storage area underneath the double bed, luxury high-quality block-out insulated roller blind and the extra-large door height and width. It’s this attention to detail and considered design of the Kunene that ensure the ultimate experience for everyone.
It is not only the interior of the Kunene that makes it unique seeing it is equipped with a mini kitchen that includes a wash basin with cold water tap. While the caravan’s aerodynamic design makes it light, this doesn’t jeopardise the ruggedness of the Kunene – making it a tough, low-maintenance and lightweight caravan.
Rugged outdoor adventures often expose you to extreme temperatures, but the Kunene’s insulated side panelling ensures that the interior is protected against the heat and cold. The unit comes with additional air conditioning, but if you prefer natural ventilation, optional mosquito netting over the door areas can be included.
With the option to include a variety of extra design details and features – both interior and exterior – the Kunene can be crafted to suit individual camping needs so that every camping adventure can take place in the dream off-road home.
The patented, large pull out shower comes complete with hot and cold water and you can add a toilet as an additional option. The shower also includes a unique flexible, fold away hand held shower system and a hard top roof panel. Two large, specially developed windows on each side open up by sliding and are fitted with roll up blinds to brush the windows off on the inside.
An extra-large door was designed and fitted to the Kunene to create ease of access and spacious movability for various people and their specific needs. Also an optional mini bar can be mounted to the middle of the main door. A specially designed roof lift mechanism was developed to assist with the “one-arm operator” in opening and closing of the roof. The roof can also accommodate a solar panel as an optional extra.
Extra care was taken when the front bed tent was designed. It was designed to maximise the entrance of the front bed with extreme ease in opening the front tent. An exterior slide out kitchen fully equipped with a high quality, two-plate LP gas stove, washbasin and drying rack. The washbasin is standard with a fully adjustable chrome water tap. There is also a large pull out drawer that is strong enough to support up to a 90 pound fridge on the slides. Under the secondary bed you’ll find a handy three-drawer system that can be used as an optional storage unit. It can be found on the right front opening.
A slide out mini-table is also a hidden gem that’s part of the front bed as this is perfect for working on your laptop. It’s also suitable for a meal for two. Under the main bed, another table can be found hidden away in a slide out compartment. The electricity panel includes a 220V AC charger, DC-DC12V charger, double USB ports and LCD screen containing all information you need to know about your electrical system. The panel is situated right next to the main door and installed at eye level height.
A 105 AMP hour battery is installed under the main bed’s storage. Two large aircraft-style lockers, fitted on each side of the caravan create a large storage area above the main bed. The main bed comes equipped with a head board, 2 reading lights and bed side cabinet and under bed storage. The shower inside is fully equipped with a hot and cold water tap, wash basin and a cabinet with sliding doors to keep your toiletries neatly stored away. There is also vanity mirror and a 220 plug close by. A porta potty can also be stored at the end of the island bed.
The exterior design of the Kunene caravan is more than meets the eye and here are some of its impressive features:
1. Stone protector plates ensure protecting sections of the caravan. 2. All doors are standard with three CRP press-formed, heavy duty hinges. 3. Optional fake windows are available to change the overall look of the Kunene. 4. Two small storage boxes on the rear of the Kunene for extra storage. 5. A rear mounted wood rack. 6. Four self-latching locks on the outside for the roof. 7. Rubber mud flaps behind both wheels for additional protection and cleanliness. 8. The chassis was designed to accommodate various types of caravan meters as an extra option. 9. An extra bottom, rear mounted storage shelf can be mounted on as an option to store ground nets, etc. 10. A heavy duty jockey wheel assembly is supplied as standard.
All doors are treated with can-lock units and sealed with automotive door rubber.
All necessary items such as LP gas bottles, water pump, water filter and geyser are mounted on the A-frame in a specially designed cabinet to ease user access and help with the maintenance of the Kunene caravan.
A specially developed stone guard is optional to protect the front of the caravan.
The Kunene Caravan can be supplied with the well-known Echo Independent suspension or heavy duty blade spring suspension alternatively. A 120L water tank is fitted as a standard item on this unit – an extra 120L tank can be fitted as an optional item to be used as either an extra clean-water or a grey water tank.
The rear of the chassis is designed to fit the following features as a modular unit:
• Two 20L jerry cans. • One spare wheel holder with optional braai grid and spare wheel cover. • One optional bicycle rack. • Four stabilize jacks are fitted to the corners of the Kunene to stabilize the unit. • Two rack sliders are fitted to protect the caravan in harsh off-road conditions.
WHEELS AND SUSPENSION
• 15” Steel rims • Alternative tyres and mags • Independent spring suspension • Shock absorbers • Rear mounted spare wheel • 200mm Jocky wheel • 50mm Ball auto reverse coupler • Run in brake system • Break away cable • Rear mounted bicycle rack
• 2 x Jerry can brackets with jerry cans. • 120 Litre water tank • Height adjustable braai grid (spare wheel mount) • Additional 120L water tank • Rear storage • Cupboards on the outside of the body • Top cupboards
• Dual plate gas stove • Wash basin and drying rack • Fire extinguisher • 240kg Fridge slider • On demand gas geyser system • 40-90 Litre fridge/freezer • Cooker wind deflector
• LED lights • 12 Volt LED number plate light • 7 Pin standard wiring (SABS) • EPP3 Mk2 (power panel) • 12 Volt system • 12 Volt pressure pump • Down lights & rear lights • Insect repelling outside light • 105 AMP Hour battery • Internal 220V plugs • Internal USB connector
• Aerodynamic design • Independent suspension • Advanced electrical system • High-Tec Interior • Main double bed: practical island layout • Front tent with extra headroom • Comfortable 120mm-thick mattress • 2-5 Sleeper • High quality durable floor covering • Large ventilated windows • Shower • Hot & cold water system • External kitchen • Large Awning • Mosquito netting
• Fibre glass monocoque outer shell • Colour impregnated • Corrosion free body • Stainless steel bolts, nuts & hinges • Load area tie down rails • Automotive style door rubbers • Rain gutters • Manoeuvring handles • New flared wheel arches • Mud flaps • Interior laminated floor
• Galvanised chassis • Skid plate on A-frame • Rear quick release support struts • Front quick release support strut • Rock sliders
• Front tent • High density foam mattress • 400gm Military spec two tone canvas • Ripstop canvas • 4m Pull out awning • Mosquito netting on doors and windows • Condensation sheet • Storm sheet attached
SHOWER / BATHROOM
• Slide out bathroom with shower • Flexible hand held shower • Solid moulded shower floor • Soap rack, mirror and shower curtain
• Porta Potti • Aircon • Silent Generator • Solar panel and mounting • 220 Volt Extension cable 20m • 220 Volt Caravan adaptor • Side walls • Ground sheets • Mini bar
• Caravan cover PVC • Vehicle wiring to charge caravan • Height adjustable braai grid (spare wheel mount) • Left side, extra cupboard